Image Map

Wednesday 23 January 2013

31 day challenge day 20 - texture

Hi guys, for the 20th day of the 31 day challenge the theme was "texture" so I decided to layer some awesome polishes over each other and then do some stamping. It was looking  GREAT but then my top coat ruined it....not a happy camper!


I started with two coats of Sportsgirl's 'Love Potion' which is a green/gold duochrome and looks wicked. Then I did two thin coats of Butter London's 'Fishwife' a teal holographic polish which I adore. Finally, I stamped using my fave stamp using Konads blue stamping polish'. The top coat which ruined all my hard work was by ModelsPrefer. Maybe I didn't wait long enough or maybe this top coat just shouldn't be used over stamping?  It was really only the middle finger that got wrecked but I still don't want to dwell on this mani for too long. But I am definitely going to re-do it at one stage because it looked AMAZING :)

Sorry for the lame post....Kinda hard when you are are disappointed with the end result. So close but so far!

Anyone have any good top coats for stamping and just in general?
Thanks for reading and have a lovely day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.