Image Map

Sunday 8 January 2017

2016 Make-up Favourites

Happy New Year!!! 2016 has been and gone so it is time to talk about what products I loved in 2016. This is a huge post so let's skip the intro and get into the details...



Smashbox powder Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

When I wandered into Mecca I wanted something that would my make-up lat longer and provide a bit of extra coverage. After receiving amazing customer service I walked out with this powder from Smashbox. And I absolutely love it! I was warned that with a heavy hand this could look a little cake and whilst that is true, it is avoidable. Instead of just having a tub of loose powder you "shave" the powder up into the accessible part of the tub which minimises wastage and helps you get only the amount of product you need.



Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation

2016 was the year of high-end foundation experimentation for me. I received a sample from Mecca after hearing mixed reviews but instantly fell in love and rushed back to buy the foundation after wearing the foundation for a handful of days. This foundation gives fantastic coverage, lasts really

Maybelline 'Rose Poudre' Nail Polish

In previous years I had different polishes on my nails every 3 days or so. In 2016 I started working full-time and my nail polish obsession faded away. Having said that I still love a good nail polish! 'Rose Poudre' is a gorgeous dusty pink colour that can be applied in one coat. It dries quickly and applies really easily, thanks to a great brush. I'm probably half-way through my current bottle and will definitely be repurchasing this polish.

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

This mascara was actually in my 2015 beauty favourites but I thought it deserved to be in this post too. I have had this mascara in rotation all year and have repurchased it numerous times. The Lash Sensational does a really good job of separating and fanning out my lashes as well as adding volume without making them clumpy or gunky.

Mac Lipstick in 'Syrup' 

This lipstick from MAC is literally going to become the first lipstick I have ever completely used up. I have the tiniest nib of product in the tube which I have reluctantly working towards using up. This is a fantastic lipstick to wear as it is perfect for any situation and time.

Mac Lipstick in 'Shy Shine'

'Shy Shine' is the more neutral and lazy day version of 'Syrup' which I just talked about. It's semi-sheer and quite shimmery so it will go with any look and can be easily applied on the go. I've seen it described as a warm coral but I was going to describe it as a nude-ish pink with a slight coral undertone to it? It is more shimmery than the typical lippy I wear but I absolutely adore it.

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick 'Naked' (Cream)

In 2016 this was my "special" lipstick which I wore whenever I was going out. These lipsticks have amazing pigmentation, feel really creamy on the lips, don't dry out your lips and

Naked | Syrup | Shy Shine


Sally Hansen Complete Care 7-in-1 Nail Treatment

A good base coat is really important for a great looking manicure and healthy nails. This 7-in-1 nail treatment from Sally Hansen is a really good base coat. It dries very quickly and I have noticed my nails have been in much better condition since using this base coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.