Image Map

Sunday 12 August 2012

31 Day Challenge 11 - Polka Dots

The theme for day 11 of the 31 day challenge was Polka Dots. This is my first attempt at doing polka dots. I don't have any dotting tools so I found an old make-up brush that I hadn't used and crossed my fingers that it would work.

I decided to use Revlon's 'Spanish Moss' as my base coat and Rimmel's 'Perfect Plum' for my dots. 

This was a great learning experience and although my dots are not perfect there is one particular nail I absolutely love. 

This one:








I don't know how I did this nail, it just 'sort' of happened! Wish I knew.... Hahahaha oh well :)
I think next time I dot a dotticure I might just try to re-create this nail as an accent nail. 

The rest of my nails look like this:



So whilst I am quite pleased with this, my first dotticure, I know I can definitely improve. Already I know that if you don't have enough polish on your tool you get a weird dot , doughnut shaped dot, dimple kind of dot that is missing polish in the middle..... (hahaha yes I know I am totally hopeless at describing technical stuff - apologies!). 

So what do you think of my dotticure?

Please check out the other lovely ladies participating in this challenge:
Sally Morgan


Nikki Muldrew


Kimberly Rybak


Felicia Renee Banuelos

Belén


Cristina Santos


Courtney Mendoza


Natalie Elise


Rebecca Russell



Jessica Beswick

Raquel Soares


Briana



Kimberly L


Kelly Cooke


Carina Martins
 

Laura Carls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.