Image Map

Saturday 22 September 2012

Product vs. Product - Kit vs Vaseline

This week's battle between two products focuses on body moisturisers, body lotions.... or whatever you want to call them.





We have  Vaseline's total moisture aloe fresh daily light lotion spf 15 against Kit's Hand & Body Lotion. Each of these products I have owned for around a year and to be honest, I love them both. There are a few differences though, so here goes.

The vaseline retails for around $8.00 for 200ml and is easily found in chemists,supermarkets and shops like Target. It is made in Australia :)

The Kit Hand & Body Lotion retails for $29.95 for 200ml. You can purchase it from Kit stores, kit kiosks located at Myer or online here:http://www.kitcosmetics.com.au/products/kitcosmetics/essentialkithandandbodylotion/

Notes on Kit's Hand & Body Lotion

  • Delightful, sophisticated scent with tones of lemongrass and yummy oils. I love the smell!
  • Absorbs into the skin very quickly and leaves your skin feeling moist. 
  • No yucky greasy feeling after application. If applying onto your hands, you can use your hands pretty much straight away. You don't end up feeling slimy!
  • Combined hand and body lotion that serves two functions effectively without compromising on anything (it's a great hand lotion as well as being a body lotion). 
  • Made in Australia. 
  • Contains no parabens, phthalates or sulphates. 
  • Comes in a useful pump bottle. 
  • Packaging is simple but classy.



Overall score 10/10

Notes on Vaseline's total moisture aloe fresh daily light lotion spf 15
  • Ok so I know I said I loved the smell of the kit lotion (and I do) but I also really love the smell of the Vaseline lotion. No, I'm not that fussy with my scents but these two lotions have really great scents and dare I say it......these two lotions are my absolute favourites!) This lotion smells very 'green', if that makes sense?
  • Sinks into the skin very quickly and doesn't leave any residue. Skin feels very moist after application and smooth. 
  • SPF 15 and protects against both UVA and UVB rays, always a plus although if I was going into the sun I would put SPF 30 on. I like this lotion though for days when I'm not sure what I'm doing and want to play it safe or if I won't be in the sun much. 
  • Packaging is pretty standard but functional. 
  • I'm not sure if it is intended to be used as a hand lotion but I can't see why not. 
  • Made in Australia. 
Overall score 10/10



To test each of these lotions out I applied one to each leg, two days in a row (yes I know, my testing technique was quite poor) and tried to decide which leg felt smoother on the second evening.  The 'kit' leg felt marginally smoother although both lotions did a great job of keeping my skin hydrated. As a combined lotion the Kit lotion is brilliant. I would highly recommend it's use as a hand lotion as well as a general purpose body lotion. However, despite being a lot cheaper, the Vaseline lotion also performed brilliantly. I know this review is pretty pointless because I can't pick a winner!!!! Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I am going to say that both products are winners and I would recommend them both to you :) 
If you want something cheap and for general purpose and for your body mostly (not as a independent hand lotion) go for the Vaseline however if you want a lotion that you can use on your hands and body equally go for the Kit lotion. 

Have you tried either of these products? Do you have a favourite lotion? 
Cheers and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.