Image Map

Monday 12 November 2012

Kiss Care Love Essence Lipbalm: Review

Essence recently updated their range of cosmetics. Changes included new nail polish bottles and colours and some additions to the make-up range. It has just been released here in Australia but I think the new range has been out in Europe for a little while.

So today I am going to review one of the new lip balms, the "kiss care love lipbalm in 01 fruitcrush". Since buying it I have worn it for a couple of days and now I am ready to tell you all about it!

First impressions;  balm feels quite creamy and thick and applies smoothly. The scent is a semi-artificial fruity scent. It's not overpowering and fades away once you apply the balm onto your lips. It easily lasts for an hour. It also tints my lips slightly, a subtle pink shade.


For $2.20 I was not sure what to expect from this balm but was pleasantly surprised. This balm is moisturising and has a pretty normal lasting strength.  Comparing it to the "usual suspects" like the nivea lipcare tube and the maybelline baby lips it is quite similar except it doesn't have SPF protection.


Overall, this is a good lip balm that will moisturise your lips for a few hours, won't leave them feeling dry and will also slightly tint your lips. Definitely a great balm to keep in your handbag throughout the winter!

Overall score: 7/10

Thanks for reading, have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I'll have to try this lipbalm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I am deleting my blog as not interested in makeup well i still wear it but it becomes and obsession when blogging to keep buying so i will say thanks for reading and im leaving.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.