Image Map

Monday 17 December 2012

Aussie Christmas Nail Challenge - Christmas Tree

The theme for today's challenge is 'Christmas Tree' and I decided to do a manicure inspired by my own Christmas tree. Every year we decorate our tree with silver tinsel (correction, LOTS of tinsel) and silver and blue baubles. Therefore this manicure is silver based.
If only polishes looked as good on nails as they did in bottles!
This is the first time I have worn or swatches this polish and whilst I'm not thrilled with the density of the glitter in the clear base I think I am always going to be one of those glitter-haters. If anybody knows of any good glitters that are DENSE please let me know :) Cheers. 


Anyway 'Party Popper' is by Models Prefer and contains silver/holo??? bar glitters and small glitter particles in a clear base. I layered it over Sally Hansen's 'Pedal to the Metal' and I think the result is quite nice - it's a delicate manicure that it isn't too showy but you still get a nice surprise when you step into the sunshine. Next time I will probably use more coats of 'Pedal to the Metal' though.

Cheers, 

What do you think of this manicure?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it reminds me of the silver tinsel on a Christmas tree. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.