Image Map

Saturday 12 January 2013

31 day challenge - day #12 - tape mani

Today for the 31 day challenge the theme is "tape mani" and I have to say, I am ecstatic! I love doing tape manicures and out of all the different nail-art techniques, it is probably the one I use the most. Why, you ask? Well first up, it is nearly foolproof (I'll explain more later), it is super versatile (if you sat down to make  a list of all the things you can achieve with tape you'd be there forever), it is very efficient so if you are lacking time or have a lot of things to do, you can still get an interesting manicure and finally. it uses normal sticky tape! Everybody has some sticky tape laying around the house so it is very cheap and practical. The only tip you need to know (but you've got to know it) is that before you stick the tape onto your nail you need to put the tape on your hand and rub it so that the glue wears off. Otherwise you end up pulling off your nail polish - epic fail!



Now onto the actual manicure, the polishes I used were Sinful Colors Timebleberry and Ulta3's Black Satin. Having said how much I loved tape mani's I am rather shamed of myself....this manicure isn't perfect and that makes me sad! I really wish it was perfect because the colours are drop-dead gorgeous. But for some stupid reason the black polish looks wavy in the photos. It wasn't wavy in real-life but the reflections did something....oh why?

That being said, it was nearly perfect and I am pretty happy with it. The colours (as I just said, lol) are so awesome and if you don't look at it too closely it is stunning. That is the drawback of being a blogger - photographs don't hide any tiny imperfections!

I hope you are all having a great weekend! I can't believe it is Saturday night already......where does time go?

Please check out what everybody else did for day #12 of the challenge. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.