Image Map

Friday 18 January 2013

31 day challenge day #17 - a new technique

Hi guys!!!! Hope all is well :) Today for the 31 day challenge the theme is "a technique new to you".

I love 'dotticures' but haven't got any dotting tools so I though this would be the perfect opportunity to kind-of 'make my own' dotting tools. I gathered a whole heap of pointy things from around the house and found that the two things that worked best were:


1. A wooden cuticle stick
2. A bobby pin

Well at least I think it is a wooden cuticle stick. Found it in the bathroom cabinet and goodness knows how long it has been in there - over a decade?


The bobby pin also worked but it was less reliable - the dots were not always perfect whereas with the wooden cuticle stick I found the dots to be perfect 100% of the time and it was super-easy to use!

I'm not saying this manicure is perfect or well-planned, it was just some experimentation on my behalf. And I must say I am inspired....expect to see a lot of dotticures in the future :)

I used Butter London's 'Pillar Box Red' which is a gorgeous red creme and ulta3's 'Black Satin'. I love how this turned out because at the beginning I wasn't even sure I had anything that would work as a dotting tool! My favourite finger would have to be the middle finger (done with the wooden cuticle stick) whereas the other two fingers were done with the bobby pin.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.