Image Map

Sunday 6 January 2013

31 day challenge day #5 - purple

Okay so technically it is the 6th of jan, 28 minutes past midnight....but somewhere in the world it is still the 5th so technically I'm not late for this challenge! Yay!!!!! Anyway, I will stop rambling now......


Today's theme for the 31 day challenge is purple. The first obstacle of this challenge was what polish to pick, I do love my purple polish...... I ended up using one of my favourite purple polishes, 'Orchid' by Ulta3 and 'how do you lilac it' by rimmel which is actually one of my less-liked polishes (formula is hard to work with but colour is nice). AND, I decided to try a technique I had never tried before.....here are my first saran nails (paint your nails, let them dry, paint a second colour in a different colour and while the second colour is still wet dab your nails with a ball of crinkled glad wrap).





I was quite pleased with how these turned out and look forward to trying out this technique again with different colour combinations. I'm not 100% sure if this is something I will wear out of the house a lot. Would love to know your opinion, do you think this looks wacky or trendy? Anyway, I think it looks pretty cool in picture-form at the least.

Sorry if there are any typos.....too tired to proofread and I have to wake-up early in the morning to write an essay. The plan was to have the introduction of the essay completed today but I really don't know where time goes! Also, the first paragraph took me hours. Always so hard to start writing. Once I've started I'm as good as gold and usually end up writing too much and having to cut stuff out!
Goodnight,

7 comments:

  1. WOw this is really pretty! I love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is cute. oh and your post says the 5th so nice timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. time zones.....they confuse me!!! I always forget we are ahead of the world here.....

      Delete
  3. I love how this turned out!!! I really like how easy this technique is but the results are so great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was shocked how easy this was. I usually fail at nail-art! Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.