Image Map

Thursday 3 January 2013

31 day challenge - day#3 gold

Day three of the new 31 day challenge has arrived and the theme is 'gold'. Gold is indulgent, elegant and is a very royal colour to me. Whiz, bang *light-bulb moment* I decided to do a gold manicure fit for a queen and  I just had to include purple too :)


The polishes I used for this manicure:

  • Revlon's Bold Sangria 
  • Essence's Gold Fever
  • Essence's peel off base coat {works great for removing glitter} 
  • Essence's A Piece of Forever {middle finger stamping}
A quick side-note, all of these polishes are fantastic. Bold Sanngria is a rich purple and a one-coater (oh joy!) and I'm having a love affair with Gold Fever at the moment. 

In real-life this is a lot more sparkly and looks absolutely divine, very elegant. I'm loving the combo of purple + gold. 





It's going to a hot couple of days ahead, I think we will be lucky if it drops below 30 degrees for a few days and tonight it is suppose to stay around 23 degrees (Celsius). My silly (but very adorable dog) is grumpy with me at the moment because I won't let her go outside and lay in the sun. Personally, I would have thought the cool air-conditioned kitchen would have been a pleasurable place to be on a day like this! Lol!!! Oh and by the way I know 'blogger' is telling you that I posted this on the 2nd but here in Australia it is already the 3rd....I'm definitely not an organised blogger. I only did this manicure an hour ago!

Thanks for reading and take care, 



5 comments:

  1. It's summer over there?! Oh im so jealous! It's supposed to be winter here, but it's like 9 degrees.
    Pretty manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I wish it wasn't so hot (its over 40 degrees celsius)...went outside to take photos of my nails for day #4 of the challenge but it was too sunny :)

      Delete
  2. Purple and gold are stunning together! Very jealous of your weather too, I'm currently enjoying typical grey english weather! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for visiting my blog :) I'll try and send some sun over to you telepathically!(is that even a word???)have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. If you want to cool off my home is open to you. it is supposed to be -28 Celsius bu the weekend up here in northern Canada ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.