Image Map

Wednesday 13 March 2013

40 Beauty Questions TAG

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Hi :) I hope you are all having a lovely day. I love reading other people's tags and stumbled upon this on Reese's blog, click here to check out her awesome blog! I thought I might give it a go.....
SKINCARE

How many times do you wash your face daily?

On a normal day I wash my face once.

What skin type do you have? (dry, oily, combo)
Not entirely sure but probably oily/normal. It's not usually super dry or super oily but it does have an occasional temper tantrum. 

What is your current facial wash?
Mario Badescu's Enzyme Cleansing Gel - this is seriously the most amazing cleanser ever. I started using this cleanser when I was in high school and I had horrible skin but since using this cleanser for over six years my skin has been really good. 

Do you exfoliate?
If you asked me a couple of days ago the answer would have been "no" but I recently decided I needed an exfoliating scrub in my skincare arsenal. I have just started using St Ives Green Tea Scrub and I also have my eye on a scrub from Origins. I'll let you know how it goes.

What brand do you use?
I guess this question is related to the above, which I kind of already answered! Well just for "completeness" I will say it again: St Ives Green Tea Scrub.

What moisturizer do you use?
I use a couple of different moisturisers but my favourite two are:
  • Mario Badescu Buttermilk moisturiser
  • Vitazing SPF15 Energy Boosting Moisturiser with Mangosteen


Do you have freckles?
Nope

Do you use eye cream?
Nope

Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
No, thankfully.

Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
No 

MAKEUP

What foundation do you use?

I had been using Maybelline's Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation for years but this year I broke my habit of just repurchasing it (you can blame the blog for that) and I now have two foundations in my life and I love both of them. They are:
  • Covergirl Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation SPF10
  • Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme 

How about concealer?
No

Do you know your undertone color?
No 

What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I don't feel any need to wear them. I don't wear mascara everyday and I don't really pay much attention to my eye lashes.

Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?
Yeah I did actually know this fact but before this year I probably only wore mascara once every three months so I didn't keep to this rule. Now that I'm wearing it once or twice a week I might think about throwing my mascara out after a couple of weeks BUT it's been discontinued and I don't have a back-up......

What brand of mascara do you use?
Rimmel London

Sephora or MAC?
Neither  - we don't have sephora here and I don't really get this fuss around MAC. Sorry.

Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Nope

What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
Ummmm, my fingers for foundation. for eyeshadow I really love the little brushes most eyeshadows come with and I recently brought essence's packet of eyeshadow applicators for use with my Maybelline
 Color Tattoo Eyeshadow as they don't come with an applicator. 

Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
No because I rarely wear eye shadow but I might start exploring a eye primer if I find interesting.

For the face?
I use to religiously use Rimmel's Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer and I really loved it however I haven't used it for a couple of months. Probably due to the weather, it's been so hot here this summer!!!

What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
It's the copper shadow in the Maybelline Eye Studio Eye Shadow Quad in "Copper Chic".

Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
Neither.

How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
I don't use an eyeliner pencil because I can't apply it probably but if I did use it probably all the time! I've lost count of how many times I've poked myself in my eye with my mascara wand. Ouch!

What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?

I haven't used any so can't really say.....

Do you use mineral makeup?
No but I probably will in the future!

What is your favorite lipstick?
Seriously??? Ummmm okay I am going to be sneaky and tell you an 'oldie' and a 'newbie'. I lipstick that has been in my collection for three hours and I still love it is my 'Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in Nude 33' and my 'new' favourite which I only discovered in January is my Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in #19. 

How about lipgloss?
Palmer's Dark Chocolate & Peppermint Lip Butter is a super yummy lipgloss that goes on clear and glossy and is great when worn alone or under/over a lipstick. 

What is your favorite blush to use?
I don't use blush. 

Do you buy your makeup on eBay?
No I don't buy make-up off eBay or online. Actually I don't buy anything alone, call me old-fashioned but I love the thrill of walking around brick-and-mortar stores and coming home with a handful of bags!

Do you like drugstore makeup?
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!! 
I think drugstore makeup is just as good and sometimes better than higher-end makeup. 

Do you go to CCO’s? (cosmetic company outlets)
Not sure what they are and I don't know of any here but if there were I probably would.

Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
Considered but never actually done it. I know that Kit does make-up lesson parties. I have thought about them but not all of my friends are as addicted to makeup as I am!

Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Probably! :(

Name a makeup crime that you hate?
Only buying make-up because it is from a certain brand or because of it's price. 

Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick, eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I prefer neutral tones that look natural however I also think that some people look great with a pop of colour e.g. a bright lippy or some colourful eye shadow, but never together!!!!

Which celebrity always has great make up?
I don't pay much attention to celeb makeup but I think Adele always looks gorgeous!

If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use?
Moisturiser with SPF

Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Sure, I do it all the time although if it is summer I will always put sunscreen on. Probably some lip balm too. Even when I do put make up it is usually only foundation and lipstick or gloss. Sometimes a tiny bit of mascara too. 

Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
Sure. I don't feel like I have to wear makeup every day although I always feel better once I have done my cleanser and moisturiser. 

In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
Revlon has a consistently reliable and interesting collection of make-up that can be used by all types of people. From their lip butters to their foundations and nail polish you always know it will be of high quality. However they are a bit pricey if not on sale so if you are looking for a bargain you can't go past  Essence.

What do you think of makeup?
Generally I love make up and I think it can be quite fun! You can use it to express yourself if you are brave or you can use it like I do and go for a natural look that gives you an extra boost of confidence.

Thanks for reading and please feel free to complete this tag and leave your link below :)

4 comments:

  1. loved reading this! I also had a go..!

    classandglitter.blogpsot.com

    Parie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I have also added your blog button, please do the same! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will do the same for you :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.