Image Map

Wednesday 31 July 2013

July Favourites

This month I have fallen back into love with some old products and have attempted to get into better make-up habits. I have also put an emphasis on trying to use some products up because I have way too many lotions and potions open...on my desk alone I have three hand creams and probably five or so lip balms floating around. Ridiculous! I finished one tube of balm up (it's currently sitting in a box marked "empties" hopefully I will eventually get enough products in there to do an empties post!!!) and have tried to stop myself from buying more :p 


Anyway, I should probably stop rambling and get onto what I have been loving. 

First up is my omSHE lipstick in Moon (which I reviewed here) which I have been reaching for quite a lot this month. It's a lovely warm brown/nude colour and smells divine. It's quite pigmented, lasts awhile and really easy to wear. OmSHE should seriously make a perfume with this scent, I would definitely buy it. 

Second is my trusty old Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Dark Chocolate & Peppermint Lip Butter (phew, what a mouthful!) which has been the only balm I have been using for a couple of weeks now because as I said I am trying to finish up some products. This is another product which smells absolutely amazing, it also protects your lips from drying out in the cold winter weather and also gives a nice gloss effect. I also use this over lipsticks when they have started to wear off or when they start drying out my lips out. I will definitely repurchase this once I work my through my collection of lip products. 

Third is the mascara I've been using. I'm not really a mascara lover, mostly because I find application tricky, but I really like the effect mascara gives and have started wearing it a lot lately. I feel really comfortable using this mascara since it's free from harsh chemicals, synthetic preservatives and parabens. Also, clumsy me finds the brush easy to maneuver without stabbing myself in the eye and it lasts all day. 

Fourth is a product I don't think I've featured on the blog before (probably because I rarely wear mascara and never take my make-up off *guilty face*). It is The Body Shop's Camomile waterproof eye make-up remover. I haven't used any other make-up removers so I don't have anything to compare it to but it removes my mascara easily and without rubbing excessively. It feels really gentle and works well.


Finally, number five is a product that has probably featured in every single favourites post I've done...it's my revlon Colorstay whipped creme foundation in 240 natural beige. Easy to apply, lasts nearly all day and gives a good amount of coverage. I apply with my fingertips and sometimes put some of Rimmel's stay matte powder on top. This works really well for me. My jar is nearly empty so I'm currently trying to decide between buying another one, or the beauty blogger in me is tempted to try another foundation. What do you think I should do? Any suggestions? 

So that's it for July. I hope you have had a good July and here's to hoping August is another great month :) 
Cheers  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.