Image Map

Monday 29 July 2013

July Haul

When I first got addicted to nail polish and beauty blogging I use to buy a pile of stuff every time I was remotely near Priceline or the myer beauty department and would post my hauls. That stopped sometime ago but the buying hasn't (sorry bank account) so I have decided to try something a little different. At the end of each month I will do a 'haul' post recapping everything I've picked up throughout the month. But before I begin with this months' haul I would love to hear from you, do you like haul posts or are they not really your thing?

As you can see I didn't accumulate too many beauty things this month but that might be because I brought two handbags <3, a pair of boots and some clothes. I need to STOP shopping!


The stay matte powder from Rimmel was a repurchase because I dropped my last one into the bathroom sink. I use it on the days when I pay special attention to my make-up. 

The Fuzzy Coat polish from Sally Hansen was an impulse buy I didn't really need and I didn't really like the polish all that much. Not that it was a bad polish. Formula was good and glitter placement was super easy...it's just not really my "style". 


I had heard about mode polishes from other Aussie bloggers but had never seen them. A couple of weeks ago I wandered into a random pharmacy in the city looking for the new Ulta3 polishes and found a mode stand instead. This one immediately caught my eye and for $2.45 I couldn't say no. Haven't used it yet but look at all those pretty glitters!!! I'm kinda like a kid in a lolly store when I see unique polishes :)

I'm trying to get rid of nasty chemicals from as many of the products I use as possible so I grabbed this Dr Bronner  balm from David Jones for $4.95. The ingredients are: simmondsia seed oil,avacado oil, hemp seed oil, orange peel oil, ginger root oil and tocopherol. Well at least I think those are the ingredients. I was squinting at the tiny font and that's what I ended up with. Haven't used it yet because I have handfuls of balms open and another pile of brand new balms never opened. Did I need this? Probably not. But I am looking forward to using it. 

I also grabbed a polish from Essence called Miss Universe which is a gorgeous black-based teal shimmer. A really stunning polish that I will definitely wear a lot.

The colour whispers from Maybelline finally got released and I rushed out and grabbed this one called Lust for Blush. It's really nice for those days when you need some colour on your lips but don't feel like lipstick.


I want to start wearing more eye make-up but nothing too difficult to apply and something that still looks relatively natural. So I picked up my first kohl eye pencil from Rimmel in the shade "bronze". I am thinking of lining my upper lash line (is that what you call it?) with this instead of eyeshadow. If you have any simple eye make-up ideas please do let me know. I am a total novice at eye make-up  :/

And finally, some Dettol hand sanitiser. Nothing special there.

Thanks for reading and have a great day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.