Image Map

Friday 25 October 2013

A failed return to nail blogging...

Hi guys!!! I'm back and super excited to me blogging again :) This week I sat the final exams of my undergraduate degree and now all I have to do wait for the results :s
So as these exams were very important I had to force myself to step away from the blog for a couple of weeks and focus 100% on my exams. I literally woke-up, studied, slept...etc for over a week without drawing a breath...fun...not! Hahaha, anyway, to celebrate my return to the blog I decided to swatch a polish I brought just before starting to study for the exams like a crazy woman!



Introducing to you...Rimmel London's Salon Pro by Kate Moss in Acid House.

The colour of this polish is stunning, it's a very deep forest green colour and is very shimmery which gives it a great sense of depth.

Application was okay, the first coat was a little patchy but with a carefully applied second coat I was relatively happy with the result. However, where the troubles began was how this polish wore. I painted my nails in the evening and then by morning-tea time I had a massive chip. After quickly re-applying some polish onto the rather huge chip so I could take photos of the swatch I found that by the end of the day six out of ten of my nails had chips. Grumpy face!!!




On the whole I was disappointed because this polish didn't even last 12 hours without top coat despite the polish being a wonderful colour. I feel like this is a bit of a failed return to blogging and feel horrible at not being able to love this product because I normally love love love rimmel's products...hopefully with a top coat this polish might last longer :)

Thanks for reading,
cheers

2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely colour. I have read that some of their polishes aren't up to scratch. Hopefully a top coat will do the trick!! Congrats on finishing your exams!
    xxx Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah I really hope a top coat will sort this out because I'm in love with the colour :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.