Image Map

Thursday 19 December 2013

My Nail Care Routine

Hi guys. Tonight I thought I would share with you my nail care routine. I have a couple of products that have been working really well for me so wanted to let you all know about them. It can be really frustrating when your nails break, split and peel.


The Essie Grow Stronger Base Coat is a really nice base coat that I have been using for the past couple of months. Apply 1-2 coats of this and your nails are instantly smoother and stronger. The formula is really great, not too thin and dries reasonably fast. Unlike the previous base coat I was using ( Sally Hansen Hardener, which is great btw) this one has a different formula, along the lines of a gel. Add to the formula slight pink tinge and it makes your nails look really nice if you don't have time for a coloured polish. I really love this because it smooths out my nails so even though they might be peeling once I put this on and swatch polishes it all looks good. 

The Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Quick Drying Top Coat is shiny and makes your dries your polish quickly, within the minute your nails are dry to the touch and prolongs the wear of your polish too preventing chipping. Smiles all around. 

Finally, hand cream. Keeping your hands, fingers and nails moisturised is a must! I don't use cuticle oil or anything else. Just some hand cream before bed to keep my skin smooth and the dryness away. Once the dryness comes I find that the skin around my fingers goes downhill real quick. In the picture I have grabbed the hand cream I have been loving at the moment, Orange Ginger Hand Therapy by Haven (available at Target). 

In my head taking a photo on my bookshelf with my Christmas decorations and fairy lights seemed like a good idea...but it seems that it wasn't such a bright idea! Apologies. I think I am a bit obsessed with Christmas lights at the moment. Went for a drive tonight to see some of the nights in the neighborhood and loved it. What some people do is amazing!!! 

I would love to hear what your favourite nail care products are!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.