Image Map

Sunday 1 June 2014

May Favourites

Lets skip the obligatory "where did the month go?" rant and get onto the products that stole my heart in the month of May.


  • Maybelline Elixir in 'Caramel Infused' 
After hearing about Essie Button rave about these when these arrived in Oz I grabbed three even though there were no testers. Luckily Estee knows her stuff :) Out of all three I grabbed 'Caramel Infused' when taking this photo but since then I have worn 'Nude Illusion' a lot so I wanted to mention that shade too. They are promoted as having the colour of a lipstick, the shine of a lipgloss and the feel of a balm.These glosses feel really cushiony on the lips, are not sticky, they give really good colour pay off and last really well, especially considering it is a gloss! If you haven't tried these out I highly recommend them. 
  • Rimmel London Moisture Renew Lipstick in 'Notting Hill Nude'
No I don't love this just because of the name of the shade...but you do have to admit that it is a pretty brilliant name. This is a darker nude on me so I cannot wear it as freely as I would normally with a nude but when I do wear it, I find that it lasts well and doesn't dry my lips out. 
  • L'oreal 'Sandalwood Beige' Colour Riche Nutrishine
This hybrid lipstick / lip balm has featured in so many of my "favourites" this year it is getting kind of ridiculous. But I had to include it again because no matter where or when I wear it perfect. Enough said!  
  • L'Occitane Passionate Jasmine 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream
This hand cream is divine. It sinks in instantly, is lovely and rich and soothes my dry hands. It has a mild scent that stays around for a little while but not forever, which I like! I am going to be sad when this tube runs out. 
  • Revlon 'Electrified Web' Nail Polish
I looked at the Spiderman inspired collection from Revlon so many times before buying this polish. And boy am I glad I did!!! This is one stunning duo chrome. It shifts between a vibrant orange and pink and lasts a really long time without chipping. 
  • L'oreal #608 Nail Polish
I reviewed this recently on the blog (click here for the link) so I won't go into too much detail but I adore the colour of this polish. Great for your nails during the winter months or if you are looking for a sophisticated polish colour. 

Sorry about the shocking photo. In the middle of writing up my thesis and I have exams in a week so I haven't had much time to blog...
Hope you all have a brilliant June :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.