Image Map

Tuesday 20 May 2014

L'oreal Colour Riche Nail Polish Review - 608 Lumembourg Garden

This little bottle of polish had been sitting in my "untried" basket for a little while, but last week I finally got around to wearing it. I am normally somebody who changes their nail polish at least two times a week but this year uni is too busy and I have been going weeks and weeks without nail polish. One thing I don't miss is the stink - after not wearing polish for awhile I found the smell of nail polish disgusting. I'm sure it is always disgusting but maybe my nose got use to it? Anyway, enough rambling! Lets give L'oreal's 608 Luxembourg Garden nail polish some attention.


#608 Luxembourg Garden is a gorgeous gunmetal grey polish with tinges of teal shimmer in some lights. The formula was brilliant, on the thick end of the continuum but not too thick. I used two coats to achieve complete opaqueness. Drying time was good. The photos show the polish with a coat of topcoat but on it's own it was still shiny. To be honest, I'm not sure what to say about it's lasting power. On eight of my nails the polish lasted around 3-4 days before starting to show signs of wear. However one nail had a massive chip by the end of day one, and on day two (probably because of all the frustrating study I've been doing) I found myself picking away at a small chip on another nail which turned it into a big chip. What a bad beauty blogger I am! Nonetheless I think the staying power of this polish is good if you take care when painting your nails. Make sure your base coat is completely dry and wrap the ends of your nails with top coat. 



Thanks for reading and I apologise for the sporadical posts. Once I get my first draft of my thesis completed I should hopefully have a handful of weeks where I can give my poor little old blog some TLC :) Cheers. 

1 comment:

  1. This is my all-time favourite nail polish, so exciting to see it on another persons blog post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.