Image Map

Monday 31 August 2015

August Favourites

This month I have tried to mix up the products a bit and I have some new favourite products - yay!!!


Lets begin with a new foundation that I tried for the first time this month and now rate very highly - Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation in '115 Ivory'. I haven't had the best of luck with Maybelline foundations but during the 50% off sale this foundation came down to the $10 mark so I figured I might as well give it a shot. This foundation surprised me, it is really really really good. I will be posting a full review of this foundation soon but here are they key points. Pros: Very liquid-y formula, medium buildable coverage, easy to apply, doesn't cling to my dry patches. Cons: Not super long lasting, no pump in the package :(

Another Maybelline product - Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. I wrote up a full review of this mascara the other day, click here to check it out. Overall this is a great mascara if you like a mascara that has a very wet formula and if you want your lashes to look bold and fanned out.

Onto the lip products...because we all know I am a lipstick/lipbalm/lipgloss addict!

Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick in 'Magnolia' is a lipstick that I have been wearing in anticipation of spring. To me this shade screams out "spring is coming". The formula is really nice and creamy but feels lightweight at the same time. The pigmentation is decent - not super opaque but by no means sheer. I don't think this lipstick lasts that long - a little over an hour before it begins to fade.


Nyx Butter Gloss in 'Angel Food Cake' is a yummy smelling lip gloss that is not sticky and has great pigmentation. 'Angel Food Cake' is a gorgeous deep "my lips but better" shade with undertones of dusty pink and mauve. Well at least I think thats how you would describe it? I have been loving this gloss as it doesn't dry your lips out which is perfect because my lips are dry at the moment (thanks winter).

And now for one random non-beauty favourite :)

Silver 'Bead and Tassel Bracelet' from Seed - I only picked this up the other day but I am obsessed with it. Especially when I wear it with another bracelet I have from Bevilles (the second one in the picture).

What have you been loving this August?

Thanks for reading and have a great day!!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.