Image Map

Wednesday 5 August 2015

July Favourites

A couple of days late but here we go...these were the beauty products that I loved in July. Geez, that made it sound like I don't like them anymore! For the record...I still love these products :)



Nyx Butter Gloss ' Angel Food Cake'

I've always been a fan of the butter glosses from Nyx and I now love them even more after discovering this shade. Unlike previous shades, 'angel food cake' is less milky and the colour is a lot more intense. Plus there is always that delightful cake scent.

Mac 'Syrup' Lipstick

I don't have a huge collection of Mac lipsticks but despite that this has been the lipstick I have been reaching for pretty much everyday. If it is a "lipstick day" 99% of the time it is a Syrup day. I don't hear a lot of people raving about this shade but next time you walk past the Mac counter I highly recommend you give it a swatch. It is a very versatile pink shade. Love it!!!

Rimmel London Oh My Gloss 'Snog'

Surprise surprise, another "my lips but better" shade!!! This is your typical lip gloss but with extra shine - the colour sticks around for a decent amount of time and the shine lasts and lasts and lasts. If you want to know more check out the review I posted a little while ago: http://theblogforbeautifulliving.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/rimmel-london-oh-my-gloss-snog-review.html 


Maybelline Colour Show Crayon Kohl Liner

This pencil eye-liner has really impressed me. Less creamy than say a Rimmel London Kohl, but I actually find it a little easier to apply. I am a novice when it comes to eye-liner but because this one is quite dry I find myself making fewer mistakes when applying it. It lasts well and doesn't flake off if you accidentally fall asleep in front of the TV watching the Tour de France. A random July favourite, non-beauty related, would have to be watching the Tour de France! Love it!!!

Too Faced Shadow Insurance 

For the longest time I dismissed eye primers. Shouldn't an eyeshadow be able to stick around all day without a primer? Well maybe it is because my eyeshadow application skills are shocking and I typically buy relatively cheap shadows...but I have a lot of shadows that are lucky to pass the 5 hour mark. Anyway long story cut short...kinda...this eye primer is amazing. It makes eyeshadows that typically last 2-3 hours last over eight hours easily. I highly recommend this eye primer, it's great :)

What products stole your heart in July? I'd love to know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.