Image Map

Wednesday 13 September 2017

Review | The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid

The Body Shop's Matte Lip Liquid claims to be long lasting with a creamy matte velvet finish that sets with an intense and rich colour pay off. They are 100% vegetarian, don't contain carmine or gluten and are of course cruelty-free.




I have two shades from their collection, 'Nairobi Camellia' and 'Crete Carnation'. 'Nairobi Camellia' is  a neutral dusty pink colour and 'Crete Carnation' is a pinky nude. Compared to 'Nairobi Camellia' 'Crete Carnation' is more pale and a nude whereas 'Nairobi Camellia' is a deeper shade and has more of a berry mauve tone to it. I adore both of these shades and I was really pleased with the range of shades they offered. I am very subtle with my lip colours but I still managed to find two wearable shades in their collection. I often look at the type of products but can't find a shade pale enough or neutral enough...like Huda Beauty for example. I have heard amazing things about their liquid matte lipsticks. But when I swatch them they all seem to bold for me. 

Okay let's get back on track here...the applicator is the typical doe foot applicator. The formula is quite dry when you pull the applicator out of the tube and I often find that not enough product is on the applicator. I always have to dip the applicator back in. Nonetheless the product itself applies the product nicely onto your lips. It feels lightweight and does set but not immediately. Once set your lips still feel lightweight and you can honestly forget that you have anything on your lips. They are very comfortable to wear and don't accentuate your dry lips. Neither do they dry your lips out. 


These last for a minimum of two hours. I find that after 2 hours and 40 minutes I want to do something to with 'Nairobi Camellia'. As it is a bolder colour it is more noticeable when it starts to fade. It fades evenly and you don't end up with a weird outline of your lips. 'Crete Carnation' lasts easily for three hours. I think as this is closer to my natural lip colour it is less noticeable when it starts to wear. 

These retail for $14.00 and overall I really love these matte liquid lipsticks. They are definitely some of the best I have ever tried. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Beautiful Living Team,

    My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

    I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Beautiful Living has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 100 Australian Beauty Blogs on the web.

    https://blog.feedspot.com/australian_beauty_blogs/

    I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 100 Australian Beauty Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

    Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

    Best,
    Anuj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy "water hack" burns 2 lbs OVERNIGHT

    More than 160,000 men and women are trying a simple and secret "liquids hack" to drop 2lbs every night as they sleep.

    It is simple and works every time.

    Here are the easy steps for this hack:

    1) Go get a glass and fill it up with water half full

    2) Proceed to learn this proven hack

    and be 2lbs skinnier as soon as tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's truly fine article, I'm a student and would like to share best services including Digital Marketing , Web & App development and much more here at Diginers. https://www.diginers.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.