Image Map

Monday 28 May 2012

Goodbye rice - alternatives please

I love rice. Rice with fish, with curry, with chicken, in salad  and as a snack. And whilst I always knew anything "white" - white rice, white bread, white pasta - was not the healthiest for me I thought it was a good favourite (at least relative to chocolate and hot chips)  however I now know that its not that good for me. It increases my chance of type 2 diabetes. That was definitely something I did not know. 


A few months ago I tried brown rice, knowing that "brown stuff" is better than me however I obviously did not do something right because it tasted wrong. So please, what are good alternatives to white rice? What is the best way to cook brown rice? And finally, healthy brown rice recipes? Would really appreciate some helpful tips :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.