Image Map

Friday 15 June 2012

I'm Back

I'm back....exams are finally over so I can now return to blogging regularly. Yay!
So what's new? Well to celebrate the end of exams I added to my stash of nail polishes, found out that nail polish contains lots of nasty chemicals that are bad for you and I am vowing to study harder next trimester.


As mentioned above I went shopping in celebration of completing all of my exams for this trimester. I got essence "blue addicted", Chi Chi's matte top coat and Ulta3's confetti. I really like the brand 'essence'. I think they are a relatively new addition to the selves since I have only just noticed them. I love how they are only $2.50 (and sometimes they are even cheaper which is crazy) and there are heaps of different and fun trendy colours so you can play around with colours and buy colours that you wouldn't normally buy without going into debt. 


I don't know why I keep buying glitter nail polishes. They just don't seem to satisfy my expectations. In their bottle's they look awesome but as soon as I go to apply them they are either too difficult to apply or you seem to only get a minuscule amount of glitter per coat :( Advice would be greatly appreciated.....what brands sell the easiest glitters to apply? 

I am going to do a more comprehensive post about the nasty chemicals in nail polish so more later. For now I am just going to say that there are two major categories, "3 free" and "5 free" although after spending time at Priceline today looking at all of their awesome ranges of polish there are more complications. Some only have 2 of the nasties excluded, some four and so on. I did discover a new brand today called Om She Aromatherapy (http://sheaustralia.com.au/) which have nail polishes that do not have DBP (dibutyl phthalate), toluene, and formaldehyde.


What is actually available in Australia? Do you end up feeling deprived when you read nail polish blogs and they talk about   brands that you haven't seen on the shelf's here? Well I explored some of my local shops and was pleasantly surprised to see "Butter London" polishes in a health food / vitamin shop and "Orly" polishes at the chemist as well as at Priceline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.