Image Map

Monday 9 July 2012

Review: Garnier BB Cream

Today I am going to review Garnier's BB Cream. 
I have been wearing this daily for around a week but have wanted to buy it for ages. The idea of a cream that does everything is my dream!!! I love my sleep and always hit the snooze button one too many times so a cream that does everything allowing me to still get out of the house in the morning on time is pure bliss. I was actually at the shops looking for the primer I have re-purchased many many times. Rimmel's Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer. Unfortunately it was all sold out so I grabbed the BB cream.
So here is my experience with Garnier's BB Cream. 
First thing you notice when you walk into the shop and buy it is the price. This retails for around $13.95 which is great. I don't like spending a lot of money on products I haven't used before so there was no way I was going to fork out $60 for a BB cream having never used one. 
Second impression; packaging. I really like upside down tubes because when you are on the last dregs you don't have to fight gravity. It is a nice plastic tube, nothing extraordinary but that's fine by me. However something I do like is the fact you can hold the tube up to a light and see how much you have left :)
Third point would be the actual cream. Ok so on application it smells great and feels quite nice too. You don't need to use a ton to get nice coverage however if you are planning on only wearing this without anything else it requires more product. Common sense I guess. It goes on smoothly and is easy to apply. In terms of hydration it isn't as moisturising as my normal moisturiser however having used it for a whole week  I am now use to it and I am happy enough with it not to use moisturiser before I apply it. Huh??? Confused about that last bit? yeah same here! Ok, to clarify my incoherent thoughts: It is moisturising as the box claims and when wearing it your skin does not feel dry at all. 


Fourth point is how do I actually use this product? If I don't have any special plans I wear this product on its own. I apply about two coats although this is a subjective measurement since we all use different sized blobs of product :) If I am going out somewhere I use it as a primer and put my foundation over the top. I am equally pleased with this product on it's own and as a primer and to be honest it has definitely lived up to my expectations. Should you buy this product? Yes!!!



Score: 8.5/10



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.