Image Map

Saturday 11 August 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 9 - Rainbow Nails

Hi guys :) I hope you all  have a wonderful weekend.
The theme for day 9 is 'rainbow nails'. For some inspiration I had a look on the internet and found heaps of wonderful people who had drew beautifully curved rainbows onto their nails, complete with cute little fluffy clouds. I didn't think I could pull that off so I went a bit metaphorical with this challenge.












 For middle finger I used sticky tape to create a bold rainbow using:

  • Ulta3's blue marlin & mermaid green
  • Essence's Meet Me Now 
  • Kit's Start Up. 

Finally I used an awesome nail art pen that I just got to do the white stripes (will post more about this pen soon so stay tuned). Sadly by the time I could take photos the lines had smudged a bit so they are not as crisp as I wanted them to be for the photos but oh well, maybe it is even better that they are wonky....could represents clouds or something.
Before I put the white stripes on my nails this is how it looked. Maybe I shouldn't have done the stripes???

Sorry about the lack of clean-up on this nail. My cuticles are really sore at the moment so I decided not to pick and rub them with nail polish remover like a crazy lady to get rid of all the mess. Thank goodness my other fingers look slightly better! Sorry! I know they look terrible :/


For my ring finger I used Essence's 'Meet Me Now' and Revlon's 'Fall Mood' for the tip. I really like how this turned out. Huh? How is this related to rainbows? Well you know how people always say if you go to the end of a rainbow you will find a pot of gold? Well..... the golden bronze tip is suppose to represent that pot of gold and the pink? Well all rainbows have pink in them right? Hahaha yeah I know.... bit out there :)



Finally for my index finger I used a limited edition polish by Face of Australia called 'Lets Go Scuba Diving'. I love this polish and there will be a post about it very soon. BTW - if you are in Oz and still want any of the Barbados polishes I would suggest getting to the shops ASAP. The shelves are quite empty and not a lot of these polishes are around anymore :(I also used the white nail art pen to do some polka dots. Not sure how this relates to rainbows but I really wanted to try out my new pen!


So those are my rainbow nails. What do you think of them?

And as always please check out the other lovely bloggers participating in this challenge!

Sally Morgan


Nikki Muldrew


Kimberly Rybak


Felicia Renee Banuelos
Belén


Cristina Santos


Courtney Mendoza


Natalie Elise


Rebecca Russell


Jessica Beswick

Raquel Soares

Briana




Kimberly L


Kelly Cooke


Carina Martins
 
Laura Carls


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.