Image Map

Thursday 30 August 2012

31 day challenge - inspired by artwork

I wasn't sure what to do for this, I didn't have much time and couldn't be bothered trying a water marble {if I did I would have try to recreate 'The Scream'} so I was looking at some of my new polishes {haul post coming soon} and thought that Sally Hansen's 'Pedal to the Metal' reminded me of a pearl which then reminded me of an awesome book I read and the painting 'The Girl With A Pearl Earring' by Johannes Vermeer.  So here you are, This is 'Pedal to the metal' by Sally Hansen. 



This was my first time using this product. Apparently it is all 5 steps of a manicure in one bottle, therefore no base or top coat should be required. Whilst it didn't chip as easily as some other polishes I would still recommend a top coat and probably a base coat too. 

Because of the finish of this polish I found it was quite streaky and difficult to apply. Although it could be user-error so I will let you know when I wear the other colour I got from this series. You need to apply this polish carefully as you will see streaks and you can't just 'fix-up' a particular area with a dab. 


In the bottle I could swear it was a pale purple, on my nails it looked more like silver. I could not decide what was going on! Was it a duochrome? or just a chrome/metallic polish? I'm still a bit undecided, but it is probably just a silver metallic polish with purple undertones (or vice versa dependent on the light, I  guess). 

Overall, I really like this colour and if I can apply it more neatly I will definitely be wearing it more in the future!


Overall score: 8/10

2 comments:

  1. Funny I have this shade and brand too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first time I have brought sally hansen :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.