Image Map

Saturday 18 August 2012

Salon Express Nail Art Stamping Kit

Today I have a very exciting post for you, something never seen before on this blog. Today officially is the first time I have stamped my nails using a stamping plate! Yay!!!
For $20 I got a 'Salon Express' Nail Art Stamping Kit from Target. It came with 5 plates, a stamper, a blade and some instructions :) 
I heard some people talking about this on a vogue forum just last night but never expected to see it at my local Target!!! And the best bit was I wasn't even looking for it, I just saw it on a shelf on the end of an aisle. Ok, so I guess I should try and restrain my excitement and tell you more about the kit - sorry!!!

Stupidly I thought it would super simple and easy to learn how to stamp, sadly I was wrong. But the good news is I don't think this is a gimmick and with some practice and some better polish I forsee some awesome stamped nails in my future. 

So how do you use this product?

The steps are the following (from what I gather. I am by no means an expert, I only brought this today)
1. Paint over a stamp on a plate. 
2. Use the scraper to get rid of excess polish. 
3. Press stamper onto stamping plate. 
4. Stamp onto your nails
And hey presto you should have a lovely stamp on your nails!

What I have learnt thus far is that most of my polishes are not suitable. For good stamping you need to use a thick polish. So far, I have had the best results using Revlon's 'Fierce'. 

Here is a picture of my one and only successful stamp. Please don't laugh :p 
My base coat in 'Spanish Moss' by Revlon and the stamp was done using Revlon's 'Fierce'. 

It's not particularly crisp and obviously I didn't do any clean-up but it gives me hope that I can improve. 

Overall I am super pleased that a stamping product has finally came to Oz and that it is easily accessible. I am also very happy with the quality of the product and the instructions were simple and easy. Watch this spot!






7 comments:

  1. I've only done stamping maybe 4 or 5 times as I haven't had my plates long either, but I guarantee that you will see improvement in your technique very quickly! Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!

      Hope you have a lovely day :)

      Delete
  2. Great first attempt at stamping :) It does get better with practice and it's very addictive until suddenly you have 100's of plates and it still isn't enough! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can totally see myself getting addicted :p it's so fun!
      Have a lovely day!!!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks, for this post. If I had known I would not have bought a stamp from ebay damm. I will have to check this one out. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely have a look at getting this. Whilst I am definitely not a pro because this is my first kit, I am very happy with it and for $20 I think the price is ok.
      Hope you have a lovely sunday :)

      Delete
  4. Cute design, you nailed it! :D

    Would you like to join our nail challenge? :) You can find more info here: http://mateji.blogspot.com/p/three-nail-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.