Image Map

Wednesday 1 August 2012

The 31 Day Challenge - Day 1

For the month of August I shall be participating in the 31 Day Challenge. This has been organised by Kimberly at Glitter in my veins and some other bloggers.

Today's theme is red nails.

Red polish is not really my thing however I did just recently purchase Revlon's 'All Fired Up'. 'All Fired Up' is a beautiful, super glossy red creme. The red is a very vivid red and quite bright. For some reason it feels kind of vintage-y / retro to me. This polish has inspired me to buy more red polishes. I am now officially on the hunt for the "perfect red polish" so stay tuned :) Also, if you have any suggestions please let me know.


I was very pleased with the formula and the greatest thing was that it only took one coat to get perfection!!! One-coaters make me extremely happy, especially when I am participating in a challenge like this one. I do not want to have to mess around and wait forever for my polish to dry. Unfortunately I have better things to do with my time. That leads me onto my second point about the formula, it dried quite quickly and did not smudge after I put my topcoat on. (The photos have a base coat, one coat of polish and a topcoat.)




If you are a red polish addict I highly recommend this shade to you. However, I got this in an outlet store so not sure if that is because the shade is no longer available or they are changing to another formula. Or maybe (you never know) they are still stocking the identical colour/formula.
 Overall score: 8/10


I would like to wish everybody participating in this challenge goodluck. Please check out their blogs :)

Sally Morgan
 Nikki Muldrew
 Kimberly Rybak
 Felicia Renee Banuelos
 Belén Cortés
 Cristina Santos
Courtney Mendoza
 Natalie Elise
Rebecca Russell
Jessica Beswick
 Raquel Soares
 Briana
 Kimberly L



6 comments:

  1. Hello! :) A one coater is always welcome to my stash, specially a gorgeous one xD***

    ReplyDelete
  2. One-coaters are fantastic :) Goodluck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the contrast of the nails against the lemon! Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, glad you like the lemon idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely going to try this challenge out! Going to love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!! I will be sure to check your blog to find out how you go :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.