Image Map

Monday 1 October 2012

Top 5 products - September

Maybe it's just me but I am always interested to know what other people use, beauty product wise, in their daily routine. I don't use a lot of different things; primer, foundation, lipgloss, handcream and on lazy days I will just wear a tinted moisturiser. 

Anyway I decided to show you some of my favourite products that I have been using throughout September. 


So what do we have here?

  • Lanolips Approx $12.95
  • Origins Vitazing SPF 15 eneryg-boosting moisturiser with mangosteen. Approx $44
  • Kiehls Ultimate strength hand salve Approx $22
  • Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer Approx $13
  • Essence soft touch mousse foundation Approx $5??? 
I am not going to do complete reviews of each of these products because I plan to do this for some of the products soon. But I will go through why I love them. 

Lanolips lip ointment with colour SPF 15
  • I am a lipgloss junkie and this is the best one I have ever tried, seriously! The only thing I don't like about it is that it comes in a tube but oh well. At least it's not a pot! 
  • It moisturises your lips and leaves them moisturised (it doesn't dry out your lips like some other balms do when they wear off).
  • I have the pink one and it gives my lips a lovely sheer pink colour. Nothing bold but very wearable.
Overall score: 9.9/10

Origins tinted moisturiser with SPF 15
  • I brought this a year or so ago in preparation for summer. It's only SPF 15 so obviously it's not for a day at the beach but I find it very useful throughout summer and on lazy days when I don't need make-up but don't want to look like a ghost.
Overall score: 7/10

Kiehls Hand Salve
  • Most hand creams smell beautiful and make your hands feel great for a little while but don't really moisturise your hands. Well this hand salve is a serious hand cream and not only does it moisturise your hands it also forms a glove protecting your hands from moisture loss throughout the day and is my favourite hand cream!!!!
Overall score: 10/10

Rimmel Primer
  • I can't believe I didn't use to wear primer. I love my primer and always apply it before my foundation. This is a pretty decent primer and I have rebrought it numerous times. 
Overall score: 8/10

Essence foundation
  • I didn't expect this product to be any good because it was so cheap but I was thoroughly pleased with the results. It applies very easily and smoothly. The packaging feels expensive and  I would definitely recommend you give it a try. I don't actually use it everyday but I reach for it when I want a change, and it always delivers. 
Overall score: 8/10

Out of all those products which is my favourite?  I hate decisions so I am going with the Kiehls hand salve and the lanolips. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.