Image Map

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream Review

For as long as I can remember the skin around my nails has been dry, cracked, red and generally yucky! But all that changes when I purchased Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream - I simply adore this cuticle cream......and not just because of the amazing smell!


Packaging 
This cuticle cream comes in a solid metal tin with a good lid that won't fall off but isn't impossible to get off either! The tin holds 17g of product and is identical to the size of Nivea's Lip Butter tins.


The Product 
I'm going to begin with with the scent of this product because I just really LOVE it!!!! It is a scrumptious lemon scent that reminds me of a sweet lemon tart. It's not an overpowering scent though so I don't think it would put you off if you don't like scents.

To be honest I'm not sure if I would call this a "cream" as I think it more leaning more towards a "balm" but anyway......this "cream" isn't super soft but not hard either despite first impressions. You have to dig a little to get it out the first time but after that its smooth sailing. I like the consistency of this product most definitely and don't have any issues with it.


A little goes far with this cream and it also sinks in quickly too. It softens my cuticles and any rough skin or dry skin around my nails and soothes sore bits. As this is the first ever cuticle cream I have used I don't have much to go by but I don't find this particularly greasy or oily which is good because I wasn't sure what to expect! As I said it sinks in quickly and feels very moisturising without leaving behind any greasy or oily residue and to be honest it is pretty much perfect.

Since buying this in January I have used it on-and-off whenever I notice my cuticles are not looking great and I can honestly say this repairs, moisturises and soothes my skin within one or two uses and continual use gives me the best cuticles I've ever had!

Where to Buy 
You can find this at Priceline for $14.99 or anywhere else that stocks Burt's Bees.

Summary

  • Amazing Scent 
  • Moisturises, soothes, softens
  • Sinks in quickly 
  • Packaging is brilliant 
Okay so that is pretty much a list of advantages. You might be thinking that there must be at least one disadvantage of this cuticle cream? Well I was very tempted to say it was too expensive but I did some research and found: 

  • Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream $14.99 for 17g ($1.13/g)
  • Lush's Lemony Flutter $15.50 for 50g ($3.22/g)
  • Sally Hansen Cuticle Massage Cream $14.95 for 11.3g ($1.32/g)
Okay so these are just three cuticle creams that are easily accessible here in Australia and as you can see the Burt's Bees cuticle cream is the cheapest. So I guess I can't use "too expensive" as a  disadvantage because it is invalid. I must just be a poor uni student :/ hahaha

Apologies about the mashed up pictures. I swear I took photos of it before I used it BUT they seem to have disappeared! 

Overall Score: 9/10

Thanks for reading,
Cheers :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.