Image Map

Thursday 8 August 2013

Kit Essential Kit Facial Moisturiser SPF 15 Review

Today I'm reviewing the essential kit facial moisturiser with SPF 15 from Kit Cosmetics which retails for $34.95. I've been using it quite a lot in the past couple of months and think I have finally "sussed it out" sufficiently to write a review. Before I really get into it, I guess I should point out that I've been using this in the autumn/winter months and my skin type is normal / combination, I think.


 The areas I'm going to cover are: packaging, scent, formula and effectiveness. If you think I've forgotten anything or have any questions please feel free to leave a comment below.

Packaging - The packaging for this product is great, despite being quite simple. it's a sturdy plastic container with a convenient pump and clear plastic lid. I really love the styling of the packaging. I've never used a moisturiser with a pump before, and I love it! There's no waste of product and it's also hygienic. The only thing I don't love is that the plastic lid is easily cracked.

Packaging score: 9.5/10



Scent - The scent of this moisturiser is really nice. I'm pretty hopeless at describing scents so I'm not going to attempt it but what I can say is that the scent is quite a modern scent (does that make sense?) and is quite delicate. It's not overwhelming and doesn't linger all day so if you don't like scents it shouldn't worry you too much.

Scent score: 10/10

Formula - This moisturiser has a lightweight creamy consistency that is rapidly absorbed by your skin and glides effortlessly across your skin. You only need one pump to cover your entire face. I love how once you've applied it there is no residue left on your skin and it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything yucky on your skin. It works well with make-up and doesn't seem to make my make-up wear off quicker. Another bonus is that it includes SPF 15.


Also, I guess this fits under the formula heading... It's free from parabens, phthalates, sulphates and synthetic colours which is amazing. I really applaud Kit for 1) making a moisturiser without the above mentioned nasty chemicals, and 2) for stating it explicitly on their packaging! Give yourself a pat on the back Kit :)



Formula score: 8.5/10

Effectiveness - This isn't the most intensive moisturiser out there but nonetheless it does moisturise my skin sufficiently. It gets rid of my dry patches without making me oily and keeps my skin feeling hydrated all day.

Effectiveness score: 8/10

Overall this is a really lovely moisturiser, that has a lovely lightweight consistency, sinks in quickly, works effectively, smells lovely, contains SPF 15 and doesn't contain parabens, phthalates, sulphates and synthetic colours. If you are looking for a new moisturiser I would definitely recommend you check this out.

Thanks for reading,
cheers







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.