Image Map

Monday 2 September 2013

Empties!

Hi guys,
today I have an "empties" post for you :) I don't usually accumulate many empties because I too often find new favourites, forget old favourites and, because I have no self-control, opening new products before I need them. But in the last few months I have actually finished quite a few products :) So without further ado...lets begin.


Okay so first up we have the Yes to Carrots Nourishing Exfoliating Cleanser. It retails for $14.99 at Priceline, does not contain SLS and parabens and does not test on animals. This is a very gentle exfoliater, it doesn't feel like sandpaper, gets the job done and could be used daily because, as I said, it is gentle. I would repurchase this.

I have raved about this before but...the Nivea pure & natural hand cream is fantastic. It sinks in quickly, moisturizes well, lasts, is a bargain and is free from parabens, mineral oils, sillicones and colourants. Would definitely repurchase this again.

The Dove Pure deodorant free from parabens, fragrance, colourants and alcohol. I've already repurchased this. Not much to say about deodorant really except this one works well.

Another boring one...Lifebuoy hand sanitiser was something I picked up when I was shopping in the city one day and had forgotten to throw some in my bag. It seemed to work well however it did smell very hand sanitiser-y. I wouldn't necessarily rush out to repurchase this one because of the smell but if I had to I would.

This Tea tree oil (aluminium free) deodorant isn't technically an empty but I had to throw it out after only using it a handful of times because as it turns out.............I don't like the smell of tea tree oil. And I would like to point out that just because I don't like this product it doesn't mean it's a bad product...just that if you don't like the smell of tea tree oil you will find this too overpowering. Definitely won't repurchase this.

The Nivea Essential Care Lip Balm has been my holy grail balm for years and I have repurchased this so many times I have lost count. It lasts on my lips for over two hours, protects them and feels really moisturizing. I really love this balm and don't have a bad thing to say about it. Well except for the fact that I'm not sure whether it contains parabens or not so I've decided not to rush out and repurchase it again but I would definitely recommend it because it is an amazing product.

The Yes to carrots lip butter in melon is my new holy grail lip balm, it lasts easily for over an hour on my lips, is super moisturizing and doesn't leave my lips feeling dry after it has worn off. Yes to doesn't test their products on animals and this is paraben free and 95% organic. I would definitely repurchase this again.

The Baby Lips Colour Berry Crush Balm is technically not an empty but, truth be told, I don't like it and I just want to put it in the bin! Whereas the original baby lips lasts for around an hour this lasts even less and when I apply this without a mirror (which I do with most of my balms) I look like a five year old whose gotten into their mum's make-up bag. I won't be repurchasing the tinted baby lips again.

The Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Hardener  isn't technically an empty but I find after this is opened for 6-8 months and gets closer to empty it starts to get gloopy and more difficulty to work with. But this honestly doesn't bother me because this product is fantastic. I use this as a base coat for all of my manicures. I have repurchased this in the past and will definitely repurchase this again.

Finally, the Make up remover pads from K-mart, 200 cotton pads for $2 are the best value and great quality and I think every Aussie beauty blogger should buy these!!! :) I've already repurchased these and will do so again. I use these to take off my nail polish and eye make-up on the rare occasion I wear it.

Phew!!! That's it! I'm pretty impressed with myself, hahaha, with this rather large (to me) accumulation of empties. I hope you enjoyed reading this post. Cheers :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.