Image Map

Saturday 17 May 2014

Impressions of the week

This week was one of those weeks where a lot gets done but nothing really gets done, and then it is Saturday evening and you turn into a stressed out uni student! As you have probably guessed, I didn't do much but I did stumble across a brand new stand of the new Maybelline elixir glosses. In my excitement I brought three. I've only tried one out, 'Caramel Infused', and whilst it doesn't have amazing staying power or pigment it is pretty, very glossy and isn't sticky. I'm not convinced that the other glosses I brought will look any better or much different but I am going to remain hopeful. That might have sound negative but I have been reaching for this gloss all week. I really do like it!!! 


Next up, another natural lip product: Rimmel London's Moisture Renew Lipstick in 'Notting Hill Nude'. Don't you just love the name of that lipstick?! I haven't worn this lipstick heaps yet so I haven't fully formed my opinion but so for I like the formula (its nice and cream), the pigmentation is good and lasting power has so far been pleasing.

And finally...a nail polish! Its no secret I am a nail polish hoarder and lover. But for the past month I haven't painted my nails because I haven't had time. After finishing two essays this week I decided I would paint my nails using a polish I hadn't used before. This is L'oreals #608 nail polish, a gunmetal grey with what I swear are teal tinges...I really love the colour of this polish and I will definitely be wearing it lots this winter.

So these were my favourite beauty products of the week! Nothing like the release of a highly anticipated product from the U.S (I'm looking at you, Maybelline Elixirs) to perk up a a beauty blogger. Thanks for reading and enjoy the rest of the weekend!!! :)



4 comments:

  1. I really want to try those maybelline glosses! xx

    jasminecara.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw on Facebook that at Brandsmart Priceline is having a "3 for 2" deal on Maybelline! Might be a good excuse? Hahaha

      Delete
  2. good one.I do have a similar blog with a motto to give quality suggestions and advises to my readers. I would like to re post it in my blog. Would you mind granting me permission?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi :) If you would like to get in contact with me please feel free to e-mail me at citygirl907@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.