Image Map

Wednesday 6 May 2015

April Beauty Favourites

My favourites for April are an unusual bunch - I have been trying lots of different brands and products recently. You will also notice a couple of old favourited (e.g., Nivea lip balm & Garner moisturiser). 


Syrup - Mac 'Lustre' Lipstick

A couple of months ago I brought my first Mac lipstick, less than one week later I felt compelled to buy another. And that is the story of how this lipstick ended up in my lipstick collection. 'Syrup' is a lovely natural looking pink lipsick. Being a very versatile colour, I find that this has been the lipstick I have reached the most for in the past month.

Australis Pressed Powder in 'Natural'

I have only recently started experimenting with pressed powders. So far I am absolutely loving this one from Australis. The colour is a great match to my pale skin, it noticeably prolongs the wear of my foundation and is easy to apply. When I'm in a rush or having a lazy day this works well over BB cream. Otherwise I just wear it over my foundation. Definitely worth checking out!

Nivea Pure and Natural 'Olive and Lemon' Lip Balm + Garnier Moisture Match Moisturiser

I have grouped these two products together because I know I have raved about them before on the blog. These products are amazing and if you haven't tried them yet, you should! Enough said?

OPI 'Big Apple Red' Nail Polish

As somebody with a beauty blog and an addiction to buying nail polish, it is very rare that I re-apply the same polish more than once in a month. However, in April I re-applied this stunning red from OPI 3 times! Yes you read that right...3 times! It is easily a one-coater, has a great formula and wears quite well, even without topcoat.

Nyx Love in Paris 'Merci Beaucoup' Eyeshadow Palette

In the past I haven't loved this longevity of the shadows in this palette. However, I have started wearing them with a primer and now find myself reaching for this palette all the time. There is a really nice selection of colours in this palette, regardless of whether you want a neutral eye or something more interesting.


The swatch on the far left is Mac's 'Syrup'. The three shadows are the ones I use the most from the Nyx palette. Apologies for the extremely messy swactch! 

Thanks for reading & have a great day! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Syrup is beautiful! I haven't tried any Mac makeup. Everything is too tempting!

    xox Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to go into Mac and buy only one thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.