Image Map

Tuesday 2 June 2015

May Beauty Favourites

Skipping the obligatory "oh my god where did the month go?" and getting right into which beauty products stole my heart in May...


I am going to begin with Innoxa Pure Silk Skin Primer - this primer has the ability to turn a train wreck of a foundation into a really decent foundation I happily reach for. I don't want you to think that the Maybelline 'Better Skin' foundation is terrible, because it isn't, but I have difficulty applying it on my temperamental skin. My skin is oily one minute and dry the next...Anyway if I apply the Innoxa primer first and then apply the Maybelline 'Better Skin' foundation, I get a result I really like. It makes the foundation easier to apply, plus once it is on, it makes it look a lot better too.

Next up is the Maybelline Colour Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in 'Minimalist' - This is one of the most pigmented and long lasting lip products I have ever tried. 'Minimalist' is a very pretty pink with silver shimmer running through it. Expect a full review in the coming days :)

OPI Nail Envy (Sensitive & Peeling) - This is the first OPI nail product I have ever tried and I am smitten. I really do feel like it stops my nails from peeling and strengthens them. The formula is thin, dries quickly and applies easily. Make sure you get the sensitive version though as it does not contain formaldehyde.

While we are talking about nails I am going to give a quick shout out to Revlon's Bordeaux nail polish - this is a stunning deep burgundy jelly polish. I have blabbed about this before on the blog so will keep this short...but I love this polish!

Now onto two products that have pretty much achieved the 'holy grail' status...

Maybelline Baby Lips - I am addicted to these lip balms. I picked up few in My Chemist Warehouse's 50% off sale. One of the new ones I picked up was 'Lychee Addict'. It isn't my favourite "flavour" but it is doing my lips wonders, as do all of the original Baby Lips (although the tinted ones don't seem to be as moisturising).

When I first started this blog years and years ago Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve was a staple. It is quite pricey ($24AUD) so I haven't repurchased it until this week and it is safe to say I have fallen back into love with it all over again. If you super dry hands definitely give this hand cream a try!

And that reminds me...May marks the third year this blog has been running. It all began in May 2012!!! Can you believe it???! I would like to say a big thank you to anybody who has ever read the blog, followed or left a comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.