Image Map

Friday 3 July 2015

Maybelline Color Drama Lipstick Pencils Review

Today I am reviewing the Maybelline Color Drama Lipsticks, the lipstick pencils that were launched earlier this year, and have stolen my life. When these were first released they didn't even register on my radar. Why? 1. They were too pigmented (I know I sound crazy but I cannot pull off a bold lip) 2. You had to sharpen them. But when I saw them on sale I figured I might as well give them a try. Their normal retail price is $9.95 so on sale they are ultra cheap. But for that tiny price you get an amazing product!


I have two shades, 'Minimalist' which is a medium-toned pink with silver shimmer and 'Nude Perfection' which is a warm-toned brown nude. Both shades are incredibly pigmented. The formula isn't necessarily moisturising but they are not drying either. Pretty good for a long-lasting lip product! They feel really creamy when you apply them. In terms of lasting power, I was super impressed. At the one hour mark it looks freshly applied and it is only once you go past the 2 hour mark that the colour begins to fade. They wear off evenly, don't smear and are easy to apply. Both shades are very pigmented and I think people who love a bold lip will love these pencils. If you are not a fan of a bold lip I think that 'Minimalist' is worth looking at.


I like everything about these pencils except for the fact that you have to sharpen them...but I have sharpened mine and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  When you first buy them the pencil is nicely shaped but with continual use (and sharpening) this shape disappears.

I really love these pencils and would definitely recommend you try them out. They come in a number of a gorgeous shades and are great quality and value.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.